Ocular melanoma, or melanoma of the eye, is the most common primary eye tumor in adults and the 2nd most common melanoma (after cutaneous melanoma).
OCULAR MELANOMA FACTS
Ocular (uveal) melanoma, or melanoma of the eye, is the most common form of eye cancer in adults. Did you know:
- Ocular melanoma is not thought to be related to sun exposure
- Approximately 2,000 Americans are diagnosed with ocular melanoma each year
- Eye tumors should be treated by an ophthalmologist who specializes in treating ocular melanoma
- Ocular melanoma spreads to other organs in the body in about half of all cases
- When ocular melanoma spreads, it most commonly spreads to the liver